General English qualifications will help you demonstrate your ability to communicate in English to enable you to work or study in English-speaking countries and/or environments.
Liffey College’s General English course covers the skills of:
- Speaking & Listening
- Combining this practice with Vocabulary, Grammar & Pronunciation
Mode of Study
- Morning Classes – To be Confirmed
- Afternoon Classes – To be Confirmed
- Evening Classes – (Part-Time) – To be Confirmed
- 18 years of age (or above)
- There is no entry requirement. New students will be interviewed on arrival at College and will be asked to take an online placement test in order to join classes that correspond to their current level and knowledge of English
- Beginners/Elementary (A1) with TIE Examinations
- Pre-intermediate (A2) with TIE Examinations
- Intermediate (B1) with TIE Examinations
- Upper-intermediate (B2) with TIE Examinations
- Advanced (C1) with TIE Examinations
FREE Online English Level Test
FREE Conversation Classes
Every Week (Please note coversation class is subject to minimum of 5 participants)
- Independent study
- Supervised learning
- Technology assisted learning
- Study groups
- Special interest groups
- Extra-curricular activities
- Educational trips
- Cultural, sports and social programme
- Conversational sessions
- Additional exam preparatory sessions (optional)
Many English-speaking universities accept this qualification as evidence of language proficiency for entry on to their courses. Liffey College strongly suggests you additionally take exam preparatory course.
- In-house Exams (Certificate fee is €50 only for part-time students)
- TIE (Interactive English Language Tests) (Registration for exam must be completed at least 5 weeks before the exam.
Examination fee is form €100 to €120 depending on level (Subject to Change). For more details talk to your teacher or at reception.
Note: All full-time students are required to sit for TIE examination at the end of their course (subject to their visa conditions). For this purpose, internationally recognised examinations are run regularly.
Dara Moran (Director of English Studies)
Odhrán Ó Caoilte (Assistant Director of English Studies)
Telephone: 00353 (0)1 444 4447